An agile methodology is an approach to designing and building the software in incremental and iterative techniques. The Agile method is a way much better approach to the waterfall model which overheads all the limitations of the waterfall model and allows the user with more features. This will allow every phase to have the testing process so that the errors are resolved at the beginning only.
In this approach, the agile process is broken into smaller pieces and will be combined after the complete designing and testing process.
Agile Methodology follows the following process:
Scrum: Scrum methodology mainly focuses on “How to manage the team-based development”. Agile and Scrum contain major three roles with the responsibilities explained as follows:
- Scrum Master which will allow for the team meeting
- The product owner will be responsible for preparing for the backlogs
- Task organises task
Moreover, the scrum follows the following process to execute:
- Sprint aka iteration
- End products are where all the product backlogs are listed in detail.
- In the sprint process, in the product backlog, a top user story is selected and converted into the sprint backlog.
- The team works with the defined sprint backlog
- The team reports on the daily work
- The team delivers the functionality of the product in the end.
Crystal Methodology: There are 3 main highlights of this:
Chartering: In this phase, there are different activities are involved i.e.,
- Creation of the development team
- Feasibility Analysis
- Preparing Initial Plan
- Conversion of the development methodology
Cyclic delivery: This is the main development phase which has 2 or 3 more delivery phases:
- Update and release the plan by the team
- A subset of the requirements is implemented through a series of program tests and iterations
- Customers receive a real-time integrated product
- Developing a project plan and reviewing the development methodology
Wrap Up: The activities performed in this phase will be deployed into the user environment, and post-deployment reviews and reflections are performed.
Dynamic Software Development Method (DSDM)
This is an approach that provides the software development and agile delivery framework. It will actively focus on the frequent delivery with DSDM.
The techniques used in DSDM are
- Time Boxing
- MoSCoW Rules
The DSDM project consists of 7 phases:
- Feasibility Study
- Business Study
- Functional Model Iteration
- Design and Build Iteration
Benefits of Agile Methodology:
This will have various benefits which are listed and will provide the gist of it concerning the following:
- It will provide high responsiveness with multiple numbers of features available in the process.
- Increase in the delivery process with the Short cycle.
- Makes the working methodology easier
- Decreases the non-productive easily.
- It makes the planning and task tracking straightforward for the daily meeting
- Complete report generation with the project status.
- Tracking and debugging the issues quickly.
- Increase the efficiency of the team
- Reduces wastage and overheads
- Alignment of the work with the customer’s specifications
- Chances to re-prioritize the work, frequently.
- Here the delivery value will be at the max
PMOS and c-Level Executive:
- Reports on the work on a daily basis.
- Planning and scheduling of the work